Nikon CeLL innovation Co., Ltd.(NCLi), a wholly owned company of Nikon Corporation was created when Nikon Corporation and Lonza entered into a partnership with signing of a Facility Support and License Agreement in May 2015.
This arrangement gives Nikon CeLL innovation full access to Lonza's:
- Engineering expertise for facility design, construction, and commissioning
- Commercial Scale Quality and Operational Systems
- Cell and Gene Therapy manufacturing technology platforms
- Broad Sales and Marketing network and expertise
- Cell and Gene Therapy Subject Matter experts
The Nikon-Lonza partnership establishes the NCLi facility as part of Lonza’s overall Cell and Gene Therapy manufacturing network With similar systems, adapted for local requirements the NCLi facility is established as a sister site to Lonza’s Walkersville MD, Houston TX, Portsmouth NH, and Singapore facilities. This gives NCLi and Lonza’s customers’ broad geographic reach for manufacturing of their products along with ease of technology transfer between sites.